Guidelines for 13th Junior Mathematics Olympiad
10th Class students who have secured Grade B2 in aggregate and Grade B1 in mathematics in 9th Class examination.
There is no fixed syllabus. Sound knowledge of Mathematics up to class 9th and Algebra of class 10th will be normally covered for KVS Jr. MATHEMATICS Olympiad. No routine problems are asked in Olympiad to asses the ability of students in Mathematics.
Rs.40/- (Rupees forty only) per student (To be sent along with Format for Registration (Annexure-I). Fee for SC/ST students will be paid out of Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi of the KV concerned.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION:
The eligible & willing candidate has to register herself/himself on prescribed form. (Annexure-I) . The school as well as the Regional Offices concerned will retain one copy of the Filled in Registration Forms for their record. However, a consolidated list of students, registered Vidyalaya-wise for the Olympiad should be sent to the undersigned in the format given in Annexure-VIII along with a single draft for the total amount collected as registration fee from all the students of the KVs of the Region concerned. The draft should be made in favour of “KVS, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
NOTE: No K.V will send it’s single draft to KV (H.Q,) directly. One copy of registration form (annexure II) will be sent to Principal KV IIT Powai Mumbai — 400076.
Last Date for Submission of list of registered Students to the Regional Office will be 16th July-2010
The admit card to the students will be issued by the Principal after allotting the Roll Number and the Examination Center. However, the roll number on the admit card should remain the same as allotted in registration form of the candidate. The format of the Admit card is enclosed at An n ex u re-III .
The Assistant Commissioner of the Region concerned will identify the Examination Center and intimate the same to the Principals. The same will be intimated by the Principal to the students through Admit Card.
DATE & TIME OF EXAMINATION
5th September 2010 Sunday Time : 10:00 AM to 1:00 P.M.
The question paper for the Olympiad will be directly dispatched from Assistant Commissioner, Mumbai Region to examination centers identified by the Assistant Commissioners concerned.
Answer book with 28 pages (A-4 size with the title page as shown in the ANNEXURE-IV) are to be provided by the examination centre.
Result is likely to be declared in the month of November -2010.
CERTIFICATES AND PRIZES CASH AWARDS:
KVS (HQ) will confer the following Cash Awards and certificates as per the laid down criteria:
(a) Cash awards of Rs.10,000/-, Rs.8000/- and Rs.5000/- for securing first, second and third position respectively at KVS State Level.
(b) Cash awards of Rs.5000/-, Rs.4000/- and Rs.3000/- respectively for securing first, second and third position at Regional Level.
(c) Students eligible for State as well as Regional level awards shall be conferred the higher one alone.
Merit certificates are given to first 500 students in JMO.
You are requested to take the following steps.
- Circulate the information and the guidelines to all the Vidyalayas of your region.
- Send the list of 05 to 06 examination centers along with particulars of the Vidyalayas covered by them. This may be sent by 7th July 2010 in the format enclosed at ANNEXURE-V.
- 3. The Principals of your region should be requested to give wide publicity amongst students and send the list of students in ANNEXURE-II along with Registration fee to the Regional office by 17th July-2010. Further you are requested to send the consolidated list of participating students, Vidvalava-wise as per the format given in ANNEXURE-VIII along with a single demand draft of the total amount collected as Registration Fees and the list of centres identified by you to the undersigned before 31st July-2010;
- Principal of each school should send the list of the students registered (Annexure II) for the Olympiad to the respective examination centers identified by you. The Principals of the test centre should inform the Assistant Commissioner Mumbai Region, about the number of question papers required for the examination at their centre before 4th AUGUST 2010, by Speed Post/Fax.
- The Principals of the examination centres will be the Superintendent for conduct of the examination.
- The guidelines for conduct of Olympiad. (See Annexure-VI) Shall be circulated to the Principals of the KVs selected as Examination Centers.
- 7. The Center Superintendent shall send one copy of attendance sheet (Bilingual) Annexure VII and a copy of Annexure II along with the answer scripts to the PRINCIPAL KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA ITT Powai Mumbai — 400076
Dr. I.P. Singh Principal Kendriya Vidyalaya N A D Karanja will be the Director for evaluation of answer scripts of 13th JMO at KV IIT Powai, Mumbai
Application Form: CLICK HERE
The important e-mail IDs:
- KV N A D Karanja: email@example.com
- KVS RO Mumbai: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KV IIT Powai Mumbai: Cheriancgeroge@hotmail.com
- National Co-ordinator: email@example.com
‘Mathematical Olympiad’ is a talent search programme of international significance for students who have not entered a university. In India this is organized by the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), since 1988. This is conducted in three stages, the Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO) usually held during October- December in 23 regions, the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) held in February and then an International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) Training Camp in May-June, from where a six-member team is selected to represent India in the IMO, held in July in different countries. Academic coordination is mainly done by the MO Cell in the Department of Mathematics, IISc, Bangalore.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, a premier organization in the field of Secondary and Senior Secondary education and it has specific mission. It has to achieve its mission of “To pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education;” For last 13 years KVS has been conducting its own Mathematics Olympiad Programme which is supplemented by INMO Indian Mathematics Olympiad conducted by NBHM( National Board of Higher Mathematics), Deptt of Atomic Energy of India .KVS is nurturing the talent of students through this programme and students are producing very good result at National & International Level.